Instagram has become a platform through which brands can visually tell their story. It offers both flexibility and functionality that has never been seen before.
With 800 million daily active users, brands quickly recognize necessity of presence on Instagram. Those who are already there, show great cleverness: they know what to publish, when and how often, and to whom the message should be addressed.
Take a look at the statistics below and you will be convinced that you should start as an Instagram brand. You will find out who is using this social network and how to increase your post engagement.
April 2018: Most important Instagram stats
- The Instagram community grew from 50 million active users in May 2012 to as many as 800 million in September 2017.
- With this result, Instagram is ahead of Twitter (330 million active users) and Snapchata (178 million)
- Almost every third adult person online (32%) uses Instagram. It is more or less the same as in 2015 (27%). As the research results show, Instagram is used by more women (38%) than men (26%)..
- More than half of the people using Instagram (51%) look into the application every day.
- 95% of people using Instagram also use Facebook.
- From photos posted on Instagram, those on which face is visible get 38% more likes than those on which it can not be seen. (source)
- One of the studies showed that posts with 11 hashtags were more involved than those with only 10 hashtags. (źródło)
- Although instagram is the leading social channel in terms of engagement, the coefficient of involvement in 2015 at the level of 2.3% was half as much as in 2014!
- A survey of the 100 largest Brand Instances shows that post engagement increased by 53% year-on-year. (source)
- Instagram in Poland (source)
- One in Four Ads on Instagram is a Video (source)
- Instagram Mobile Ad Revenue to Hit Nearly $7 Billion in 2018