Looking for the latest Facebook image and video dimensions? Due to the multitude of dimensions of various types of graphics, we have created a collection of current sizes with the specification of particular types.
- PROFILE IMAGE: displays at 170×170 px on computers, 128×128 px on smartphones and 36×36 px on most feature phones. Must be at least 180×180 px. You can also add 7 seconds video on the profile.
Keep in mind that your Page’s profile picture will be cropped to a circular shape in ads and posts, but will remain the same square shape when people visit your Page.
- COVER PHOTO: appears on Page at 820 px wide by 312 px tall on computers and 640 px wide by 360 px tall on smartphones. Anything less will be stretched. A minimum size of 399×150 px. For profile pictures and cover photos with your logo or text, you may get a better result by using a PNG file. You can also add 360° photo as cover.
- COVER VIDEO: should be at least 820×312 pixels and between 20 and 90 seconds. For best results, choose a video that’s 820×462.
- SHARED LINK: max width 504 px, height varies. To avoid compression keep the size less than 100 KB. Recommended upload size: 1200×628 px. Facebook will scale photos under the minimum dimensions. For better results, increase image resolution at the same scale as the minimum size.
- UPLOADED IMAGE: recommended image size is 1200×900 px. Ratio: 9:16 to 16:9. Images that consist of more than 20% text may experience reduced delivery.
- HIGHLIGHTED IMAGE: the dimensions of the highlighted image recommended by Facebook is 1200×717 px. Will appear on your Page at 843×504 px. Choose a higher resolution at that scale for better quality.
- UPLOADED VIDEO: minimum width 600 px. Aspect ratios supported: 4:3 and max file size: 1,75 GB. Choose portrait mode in camera to go live.
- GROUP COVER PHOTO: the dimensions of the graphics recommended by the portal is 820×462 px
- EVENT COVER PHOTO: Facebook event image size is 1920×1080 px. This is a 16:9 ratio. Images uploaded at less than 1920 px wide will be enlarged to fit. Images uploaded in a wider proportion will have the sides cropped. Taller images will be cropped top and bottom.
- EVENT RESPONSES: recommended image width is 1920×1080 px. If you don’t upload the exact dimensions, Facebook will choose the center part of your image.
- MOBILE APP AD: recommended image upload size is 1200×628 px (only runs on mobile).
- PAGE POST LIKE AD and PAGE POST EVENT: recommended image width is 1200 and height is 444 px.
- PAGE POST VIDEO: minimum resolution: 600×315 px and max video size up to 4 GB.
- CAROUSEL ADS: recommended image size is 1080×1080 px.
- DYNAMIC PRODUCT ADS and OFFER CLAIM ADS: recommended image width is 1200 and height is 628 px.
- CANVAS ADS: minimum resolution is 400×150 px. Aspect ratio tolerance: 3% (common for image, video, and carousel ads).
Now you know how to improve both the profile and campaigns on Facebook, using the knowledge of the recommended dimensions on Facebook and the size of photos and video. Hope that the above information has been useful and you will be able to implement it in your activities.